Tuesday 8 March 2011

VALIDATE ME AND MY OPINIONS

I'm normally loath to do this and appear a total hustler, but I've got a few bits of writing out there in the world right now. In fact enough of a volume for me to seriously encourage you to check it out.

Decibel #78 features a bit of mad-love for Kevin Sharp-fronted dad punks Primate and Finnish grindcore powerhouse Rotten Sound. Trap Them and Drugs of Faith are in there too, though have nowt to do with me other than being brilliant, like me. It's probably full of Jonathan Horsley too and he's pretty much my favourite writer EVER, Good issue, yeah? Buy it, yeah?

Metal Hammer (April 2011) has a pretty lengthy Deicide piece written by my good self. I spent a lot of time agonising over this one, not least because there're more than enough Deicide features out there, all dully combing over the same tedious ground, and because it was my first cover for the lovely Subterranea bit at the back. This is a genuine piece of history and will be worth a fortune when I have my own media empire, so get it.

I really love seeing my name in print, and I hate almost everything I write until I get the finished copy, open it as a reader and think, 'Yeah, this is alright actually'. Hopefully you'll agree, otherwise I've just coerced you into wasting nearly a tenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment