Wednesday 2 March 2011

BAND OF THE DAY: PLUTOCRACY

This took me way too long to get into! Maybe my dealer wasn't giving me a appropriate soundtrack for my lonely nights by myself and my snack food. This band is basically a mix of total raging grindcore and blast beats. They really mix it up with the growls and screams, sounds like the demon of dank is coming right up into your throat! The music also takes some time out to serenade you with a guttural screech and some guitar whales. This really is one of the few times, I have sat down and listened to this band, but it is really good. The fast parts really lay into you, and you can draw pictures with your mind while the guitar and blasting drums take off. These fine folks, also just laid it down at the Short, Fast + Loud Festival, that I was unable to make, but guaranteed there was Smokin' in the Streets! These folks also keep in mind, the political aspect of police brutality as well as maintaing a freedom of speech and freedom of acts attitude!

Plutocracy also just released a full-length LP on Forest Moon Special Products. They have also released records on 625, as well as Six Weeks Records, and the prolific Slap-A-Ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment